Sunday, January 30, 2011

Calluses

It's probably just an excuse just to not have to say anything, but I figured I just have to build thicker skin. I was trying to convince myself that if the same insults were applied to any other of my (few) traits, I would probably not find them as insulting. Like being Asian, for example. I typically don't find insults about my race insulting, but that's only because there was no real reason to not accept it. My whole family is Asian (obviously), and it's never been something I should be ashamed of. But when it comes to being gay, it's a whole new story.

I don't know anyone who's gay that also knows I'm gay in person, so there hasn't been a whole lot of help in terms what's the "norm". There aren't any gay people here that assure me that I'm not a freak, I guess is what I'm getting at. I'm guess I'm trying to do this whole "acceptance" thing on my own, and I figure one way to do so is to just take it for now. To take the (indirect) insults until I'm not offended. But for now, I guess it's just a game of waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment