Saturday, April 9, 2011

That High School Thing

It seems to be on everyone's mind recently. Well, everyone as in the people who can actually attend prom, whether they want to go or don't want to go (heck, even anywhere in between).
Am I going?
I'm not sure...
Do you want to go?
Yes... but no at the same time.
Well, why do you?
It's one of those stupid "once-in-a-lifetime events." Plus, my friends will be going and Tiffany want to go.
So why don't you want to go?
I guess the reason's pretty pathetic. Not having a date is the first thing that comes to mind. The second reason is just not wanting to go.
I suppose that's a pretty lame excuse to not go. There are a few people who don't have dates and are still going, and there are people who do have dates but arn't in a relationship. But I guess that's the problem. I'm sure I'm just over-analyzing, but as one of those "insatiable skeptics," I can't help but ask questions. Half of the people there probably won't be going with someone they're dating, yet they're fine with going with someone of the opposite gender. The two may not even be physically attracted to each other, yet it's socially acceptable to go on a date with them. What if I were to ask a straight guy out? Why doesn't that equate to a unattractive girl asking them out? Because odds are, that unattractive girl has leverage over me-- and by leverage, I mean a vagina. Well... not a vagina over me, but you know what I mean. On the same note, one straight guy probably wouldn't bring another as his date because of the social stigma that latches on to being associated with being gay. Yet it's socially acceptable for one gay man and a straight woman to go as each other's date even if he's already "out." There's no fear of being associated with being heterosexual. Why? Maybe I'll never know.
The other reason is pretty lame as well. I just... don't really want to go. The whole premise behind prom is kinda silly to me. You pick one day to dress up and go out. I mean, that sounds pretty silly to me. What's the point? Is that what "normal" people find joy in?
On the contrary to all this extremely negative and anti-social post, I kind of do want to go. I want to spend some time that I almost never spend with Alexander and Tejeda (and more time with Tiffany if I decide to go). I haven't hung out with either of them in a really long time, and the only thing that got us to do so is prom. It was nice... but sad. The other thing is that I really want to do their make-up. No no no, you don't understand... I, like, really really really want to do their make up. Their hair? No so much. They can get that done elsewhere if they really want to. I just really want to do their make up. The last time I did anyone's make up was like, 2 years ago and I've learned so much more since then. I've been dying to practice. I mean, all that time watching make-up guru's on YouTube has to have paid off, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment