Sunday, December 12, 2010

Green

It has been on my mind the whole day.

One day in Spanish class, we were asked to write on the board what was our dream, what we wanted, or something like that. Anyways, I wrote "acceptance", hoping no one would really notice it or no one would know who wrote it. Ms. Leoni decides to read all of them out loud. When she reads the word "acceptance" out loud, there was instant disapproval. Some student decided that acceptance meant that you would live your life to someone else's standards; something that's apparently terrible.

First of all, this person wrote that she wanted nice hair and a boyfriend. Your "nice hair" revolves around the idea of the standards of what "nice hair" looks like in society. So YOUR standards, are everyone else's standards for nice hair and you're living your life to your own standards which is also everyone else's. So just on the first one, you're a stupid hypocrite. I guess I cant really say much about the second one since it doesn't deal with societal norms or "standards". Plus, I kinda want the same thing.

Secondly, what's the big deal with wanting acceptance? Not everyone can be like you. Yeah, everyone likes you for your individuality and your verboseness, but that's you. Ever since I met you, I've always thought you were really cool, but ever since the beginning of this 11th grade, you've lost more and more respect from me. I now think you're a HUGE arrogant bitch. Just because you've already been accepted for who you are, doesnt mean everyone else cant want it now, you stupid bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment